Dental veneers are a popular dental treatment used to improve the appearance of teeth. Veneers are thin shells made of porcelain or composite resin (tooth colored) material that are placed over the front surface of the teeth. They can be used to fix a variety of dental problems, including:
- Discolored teeth: Discoloration can be caused by a variety of factors like, genetics, aging, medications, and exposure to substances that stain, such as coffee, tea, and tobacco. Veneers can be used to mask the discoloration, giving you a brighter and more uniform smile.
- Chipped or broken teeth: Veneers can be used to repair chipped or broken teeth, giving them a more natural and attractive appearance.
- Gaps between teeth: If you have gaps between your teeth, veneers can be used to fill in the spaces and give you a more uniform smile.
- Misshapen teeth: If you have teeth that are misshapen or disproportionate, veneers can be used to reshape them and give you a more symmetrical and attractive smile.
- Crooked teeth: Veneers can be used to straighten crooked teeth, giving you a more uniform and attractive smile.
- Worn down teeth: Over time, teeth can become worn down, resulting in a short and stubby appearance. Veneers can be used to restore the length and shape of worn-down teeth.
Cost and Considerations
The cost of veneers can vary depending on the type of material used, the number of teeth being treated, and the complexity of the case. The composite veneers are generally less expensive.
Veneers typically require at least two dental appointments. Discussing all your concerns with your dentist will help make an informed decision.
In addition, it is important to choose a qualified and experienced dental professional who can help you determine if veneers are the right choice for you and who can provide you with high-quality and long-lasting results.
Procedure for Placing Veneers
The procedure for placing veneers typically involves the following steps:
- Consultation: During your initial consultation, your dental professional will examine your teeth, discuss your goals and expectations, and determine if veneers are the right choice for you.
- Diagnostic Impression: Impressions are done after discussing the treatment options to develop prototype, that will be fabricated in the lab.
- 3D planning: This appointment will give 3D information of the final result by placing the prototypes in the patients mouth. The Doctor and patient can discuss the changes that may be required using photographs as a guide .At this stage ,the patient to review and appreciate the end result .
- Preparation: If you decide to proceed with veneers, your dental professional will remove a small amount of enamel from the front surface of your teeth using the 3D prototype as a guide to make room for the veneers.
- Impression: An impression of your teeth will be taken and used to create a custom-fit set of veneers.
- Bonding: During your second appointment, the veneers will be placed over the front surface of your teeth and bonded in place using a strong dental adhesive.
- Follow-up: After your veneers have been placed, you will need to return for a follow-up appointment to ensure that they are properly adjusted and functioning well.
Maintenance and Care of your veneers
Veneers are durable and long-lasting, but they do require proper care and maintenance.
Here are some tips for maintaining and caring for your veneers:
Brush and floss regularly: Brush at least twice a day and floss once a day to remove plaque and food particles from your teeth and veneers.
Avoid hard and crunchy foods: Chewing on hard or crunchy foods can damage your veneers. Stick to soft foods and avoid chewing on ice, pencils, or anything hard.
Don't use your teeth as tools: Using your teeth to open packages, rip tape, or do anything other than eat can damage your veneers.
Avoid biting your nails or grinding your teeth: Biting your nails or grinding your teeth can put excessive pressure on your veneers, causing them to chip or break.
Visit your dentist regularly: Regular dental check-ups and cleanings can help ensure that your veneers remain in good condition. Your dentist can also identify and address any potential problems before they become serious.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your veneers last for many years.
If you live in Bangalore or planning to visit Bangalore, and want to discuss if veneers are the right choice, do get in touch and our expert dental professionals will be happy to discuss with you.
# 117, West of Chord
Bangalore – 560 086
Tel: +91 80 2301 1500
Mob: +91 94835 23368
9:30 am - 6:30 pm (Mon - Sat)
# 2630, 1st Floor
27th Main, Sector 1
HSR Layout, Bangalore – 560 102
Tel: +91 80 22587700
Mob: +91 9108287126
9.30 am - 7.30 pm (Mon - Sat)