ALL ABOUT THE OCCLUSAL SPLINTS
Splints are more than just a piece of plastic you give to patients
Occlusal splint therapy can prove to be a great treatment option for those who are suffering from occluso-muscle disorders and TMD. Given a wrong type of appliance, however, splint therapy can actually do more harm than good for our patients. With an improper or poorly fabricated device, patients can develop increased pain to the joint, an open bite and other serious implications.
- Identify the different types of splints and what they treat
- Diagnose patients properly in order to prescribe the correct appliance
- Develop successful treatment plans and avoid complications
- Understand when TM joint imaging is indicated and how to order it.
- Differentiate between different imaging options; understand what the MRI and CT-Scans are showing and how this information relates to the signs and symptoms of TMD.
- Recognize when to use occlusal splint therapy
- Differentiate between different types of splints and when to use which type.
- How to fabricate and refine an occlusal splint.
- Understand the basic concepts of anatomy, physiology, and neuromuscular relationships that must be considered in the development of an individualized management plan.
- How to efficiently and profitably schedule splint therapy.
- How to create an appropriate fee structure for service.
- How to help patients understand the diagnosis and treatment needed so they will accept your recommendations.
- How to create a treatment plan for definitive long-term care
|Course Date||15th & 16th February 2020|
|Course Fee||Early Bird Reg. INR 15,000/- upto 27th Jan 2020
(INR 18,000/- from 28th Jan 2020 onwards)
|Speakers||Dr. Saphal Shetty & Dr. Kamala Kakumanu|
A-24, 1st floor, (Above HDFC Bank)
Hauz Khas, New Delhi- 110016
|For further details contact||080- 23011500|
|Branch||Basaveshwar Nagar, Bangalore|
*Please send us the copy of payment acknowledgment for confirmation.